Please know that the health and safety of your loved ones are our utmost priority. We were notified that one of our staff may have been exposed outside of the Early Learning Center to COVID-19. Out of an abundance of caution, Upper Room Early Learning Center is closing Monday, July 6, 2020, in order to have the Center deep cleaned, and all staff are making arrangements to receive testing as well. The staff in question is self-quarantining until notification of test results. Upper Room is taking every step to ensure the Early Learning Center is a safe environment and plans to reopen on Tuesday, July 7, 2020.
Safety procedures we have in place include:
- All people entering the center must wear a face mask;
- Taking temperatures of every staff and child daily;
- Not allowing parents in the classrooms – staff will take your child back each morning and bring them to you each evening;
- Staff being tested for COVID-19;
- Providing sanitizer and wipes for computer sign-in/out;
- Washing hands throughout the day;
- Maintaining six feet distance in the foyer area and in classrooms as much as possible;
- Cleaning and sanitizing all areas and toys throughout the day; and
- Deep cleaning the center on a regular basis.
Upper Room has had no positive COVID-19 tests at our facility, and we are doing everything possible to continue not to have any. Our goal is to keep the lines of communication open to everyone. Please remember that if your child is not feeling well, do not bring them to school. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call us anytime.
Director, Educational Programs
Upper Room KC