Department: Food Service
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the kitchen manager, perform duties in support of food service activities for the central kitchen to enhance the quality and timeliness of foodservice operations.
- Assists in the supervision of preparation and packaging of meals for up to 800 children per day.
- Assist in preparing and packaging appropriate quantities of food for an assigned work station in a timely manner, assuring quality and quantity of foods prepared.
- Ensure all portion control, meal patterns and presentation specifications are followed.
- Coordinate the delivery of all foods within preset time standards.
- Assists in guiding cooks in preparation of daily prep lists and job assignments.
- Provide updates to daily production and inventory sheets.
- Communicate any product run-outs, equipment issues, and quality or service problems immediately to the manager.
- Follow established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques and safe use of all tools and equipment.
- Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Report safety violations and hazards immediately; maintain department security.
- Communicate with the manager regarding all department operations.
- Ensure proper preparation, storage and nutritional aspects (ie. Food pyramid).
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Responsible for the delivery of meals in a timely manner to multiple site locations in accordance with the delivery schedule set by the Kitchen Manager.
- Assists with loading warmers in preparation for food delivery.
- Assist with loading delivery trucks for food delivery.
- Assist with unloading food deliveries.
- Process delivery and pick-up signatures and documentation as required.
- Keep department leadership informed of all events that affect the Kitchen.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job, adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2-5 years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Proven performance in implementing and maintaining food production operational standards.
- Good interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Must have or be able to obtain Food Handlers Managers Card.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work well in fast-paced customer oriented environment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Traditional office equipment.
- Traditional restaurant equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download the application and return the completed form via email to Robin Winfrey at HR@scr-upperroom.org or in person at 300 E. 39th Street, Suite 4A, KCMO 64111
We need volunteers who can work one-on-one with our students who struggle with reading. You can help!Learn More
JOIN OUR TEAM
New career opportunities are available at The Upper Room. Join our team of talented educational professionals.Learn More
We appreciate all the ways that people in the community are able to give, whether that means their time or money.Learn More