Department: Food Service
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
A delivery driver is responsible for the daily delivery of food to various site locations in the AfterSchool and Summer School Programs.
- The Delivery Driver is responsible for the delivery of meals in a timely manner to multiple site locations in accordance with the delivery schedule set by the Kitchen Manager.
- Assists with loading warmers in preparation for food delivery.
- Assist with loading delivery trucks for food delivery.
- Assist in unloading food deliveries.
- Process delivery and pick-up signatures and documentation as required.
- Maintain vehicle appearance by ensuring all vehicle maintenance is completed and records maintained.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested Kitchen Supervisor at any time.
- Assists other food service staff as needed.
- Assist in operating a variety of kitchen equipment, appliances and utensils in a safe manner.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Supervisor or manager-on-duty.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job, adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- 2 to 3 years experience in a customer service, logistics, or pickup/delivery related job is required
- Ability to drive a work van
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must be able to communicate clearly with the supervisor, cook and kitchen personnel.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Download the application and return the completed form via email to Robin Winfrey at HR@scr-upperroom.org or in person at 300 E. 39th Street, Suite 4A, KCMO 64111
We need volunteers who can work one-on-one with our students who struggle with reading. You can help!Learn More
JOIN OUR TEAM
New career opportunities are available at The Upper Room. Join our team of talented educational professionals.Learn More
We appreciate all the ways that people in the community are able to give, whether that means their time or money.Learn More