QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE):
- Current and valid teaching substitute certification from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Requires the ability to work well and communicate with children, parents, and other program personnel.
- Requires skills in planning, directing and conducting activities to meet the summer program goals.
- Must pass a background screening.
Substitute teachers will carry out the lesson plans and meet the duties of teaching in the absence of a certified teacher in the Summer Program. Substitute teachers are expected to maintain the tone and standards for the Summer Program through attention to program quality and maintenance of a consistently safe and nurturing environment.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implements curriculum set forth by the Swope Corridor Renaissance Youth Program and aligned with the Missouri Learning Standards.
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Follows the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with summer school curriculum, goals and objectives.
- Alerts Site Director of non-routine behavior problems that require additional assistance or intervention.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated by the Director of After-School Programs.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school program rules and regulations.
- Monitors academic performance of students and alerts site director of situations in the absence of the certified teacher.
- Demonstrates professionalism when interacting with teachers, counselors, students, parents, visitors, etc., ensuring that each person is treated with dignity and respect.
- Attend all teacher training.
- Adheres to all Swope Corridor Renaissance policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations
HOW TO APPLY:
Download the application and return the completed form via email to Robin Winfrey at HR@scr-upperroom.org or in person at 300 E. 39th Street, Suite 4A, KCMO 64111
We need volunteers who can work one-on-one with our students who struggle with reading. You can help!Learn More
JOIN OUR TEAM
New career opportunities are available at The Upper Room. Join our team of talented educational professionals.Learn More
We appreciate all the ways that people in the community are able to give, whether that means their time or money.Learn More