Lead Teacher/Early Childhood Center
Job Title: Lead Teacher/Early Childhood Center
Department: Child Development Center
Reports To: Child Development Center Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The position will provide a quality, caring and supportive environment for children by effectively planning and implementing developmentally appropriate learning experiences which advance the intellectual, emotional, social and physical development of children in a safe and healthy learning environment. The Lead Teacher will encourage and support the development of relationships between children and their families.
The Lead Teacher will guide the teaching assistant and facilitate a team teaching environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements the approved and researched based curriculum.
- Effectively works together as a teaching team to ensure weekly lesson plans are developmentally appropriate and follow the curriculum while modeling positive interactions with children. The Lead Teacher will monitor and provide input and support daily to lesson plan review, individualization and implementation; and,
- Implements a developmentally appropriate education curriculum that addresses:
- A safe and nurturing classroom environment.
- A variety of opportunities for children to learn through child initiated and teacher directed instruction.
- Learning experiences that allow children to make choices and addresses their individual needs.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of the assessment system. Observe and document children’s learning and development on an ongoing and consistent basis.
- Actively participates in parent and teacher conferences.
- Interacts with children providing positive role models and guidance.
- Evaluates child progress and makes appropriate recommendations; maintains data to adequately report child progress.
- Participates in all required training to improve performance; attend and participate in the team site, and other required meetings.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The Early Childhood Lead Teacher requires a minimum of a degree with (15) hours of early education coursework. An Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education is preferred. A minimum of two years’ experience working with children.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successful and perform essential functions of this job.
- Talk, hear and see, stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with arms; and stoops, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Repetitive bending and stretching
- Must occasionally lift and/or move between 35-40 pounds
- Push emergency equipment with up to 40 pounds of weight
- Work with children on the floor
- Have mobility required to ensure that safety of children
- Work outdoors in any variety of weather
- At times, may be required to work more than 40 hours per week to perform the duties of the position
- Have the physical capacities consistent with Missouri Licensing requirements
- The noise level in the environment is moderate to high
French Immersion Instructor (Part-Time)
Job Title: French Language Instructor
Reports To: Director of Educational Programs
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The position will provide french immersion homework assistance for K-8 student including math, reading and science.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fluent in French
- Experience working with K-8 students
- Must pass a background check
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Late Afternoon Hours Only
How to apply
- Download application here
- Return via email to Kris Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 2803 E. 51st Street KCMO 64130
For more information, please contact Kris Collins-Director of Educational Programs at
Department: Food Service
Summary of Position:
A delivery driver is responsible for the daily delivery of food to various site locations in the AfterSchool and Summer School Programs.
- The Delivery Driver is responsible for the delivery of meals in a timely manner to multiple site locations in accordance with the delivery schedule set by the Kitchen Manager.
- Assists with loading warmers in preparation for food delivery.
- Assist with loading delivery trucks for food delivery.
- Assist in unloading food deliveries.
- Process delivery and pick-up signatures and documentation as required.
- Maintain vehicle appearance by ensuring all vehicle maintenance is completed and records maintained.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested Kitchen Supervisor at any time.
- Assists other food service staff as needed.
- Assist in operating a variety of kitchen equipment, appliances and utensils in a safe manner.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Supervisor or manager-on-duty.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job, adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- 2 to 3 years experience in a customer service, logistics, or pickup/delivery related job is required
- Ability to drive a work van
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must be able to communicate clearly with supervisor, cook and kitchen personnel.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment